Whispers house, Thorrington, By pass road, St-Osyth Essex CO16 8HD
- Whispers House is of the elegant Edwardian period combining classic architecture with contemporary design
- Enjoying a semi-rural location to the northern outskirts of St Osyth
- There are three double bedrooms – two of these having ceiling heights approaching 9ft
- Grand open-plan reception rooms with ceiling heights approaching 8½ft- one with a lovely fireplace surround of the period
- a walk-in bay window
- 20ft wide kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Utility room/shower room
- Separate cloakroom
- First floor bathroom and an en-suite cloakroom to the master bedroom
- Immaculate south-facing rear garden with a summerhouse
- Lovely first floor front views over open farmland
- Extensive driveway parking for at least four vehicles
Whispers House is of the elegant Edwardian period combining classic architecture with contemporary design. Listen carefully and you may just hear it softly whispering in your ear enticing you to become its new owner. Three double bedrooms, grand open-plan reception rooms, an immaculate south-facing rear garden, parking for at least four vehicles – makes this a fun family home or for those who like their space.
Hear the whispers in the wind…Welcome Home
From the front door, through the porch or from the garden door via the lobby into the kitchen, this home will welcome you and let you appreciate the bright space available.
The Edwardian era produced homes of the highest quality and of a generous design for all important living areas, this is a perfect illustration in term of width and height.
The open plan reception rooms may give you plenty of ideas and options for lounging and dining with that blissfully tranquil view of your private garden.
The kitchen and the breakfast area do match the feel of this semi-rural three bedroom home, it also pulls you out onto your patio to enjoy that welcome evening drink or maybe that early morning cup of coffee looking out for the sunrise. The adjacent utility room has a cloakroom and is perfect in many ways, a very successful dog grooming facility was the most recent use, what could be yours?
Ascend up the stairs
Three double bedrooms await you and provide you with what spacious accommodations should be about. The main bedroom has a dressing area and an en-suite toilet, the high ceiling and views over the surrounding countryside just add a touch of well being.
The other two large double bedrooms will allow you to accommodate your guests and/or your family with the homely comfort they deserve while offering you views over the front fields or your own garden.
The delightful garden is well presented and fenced off all around for your own privacy, it is also immaculately south facing with a gorgeous summer house.
Out and about
The St-Osyth village is steeped in history with a prominent 12th century Priory set in grounds. Local amenities include: a Post Office, Spar convenience store, a butcher, plus a fish and chip shop and three pubs.
Whispers house is situated on the Northern outskirts of the village with direct access to all the main roads leading west to Colchester or North onto the A12 via the A120.