Merryday cottage, Frinton-on-Sea
- Merryday Cottage is a distinguished five bedroom family home residing within three quarters of an acre located in Second Avenue, in prestigious Frinton-on-Sea
- Originally built in 1932 for Sir Albert Stern and Lady Helen Merryday Stern and now boasts a swimming pool complex and a snooker room
- Four reception rooms – sitting room, dining room, library room, study, plus there is a loggia
- Kitchen/breakfast/family room approaching 26ft, plus a utility room
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, a family bathroom, and a ground floor cloakroom, and a cloaks area
- Amazing swimming pool complex incorporating a pool with swim jets, a jacuzzi, sauna room, and a shower…
- Plus a dining area beneath a drop chandelier, and sliding bi-fold doors opening to the rear grounds
- Beautiful established grounds with an expansive country park feel and a gorgeous Willow tree – planted in 1932 the same year as the commission of the property
- Privately set behind electric gates flanked with brick pillars, opening onto an extensive driveway leading in-turn to the double garage
- Golf, cricket, and tennis clubs, plus boutique shops and restaurants on iconic Connaught Avenue, leading to the Greensward fronting this award winning ‘Sunshine Coast’
Merryday Cottage is a very distinguished five bedroom family home residing within three quarters of an acre of beautifully established grounds. Originally commissioned in 1932 for Sir Albert Stern and Lady Helen Merryday Stern, it now boasts a swimming pool complex and snooker room. Privately set back behind electric gates on Second Avenue in highly esteemed Frinton-on-Sea.
This hidden gem is also close to the famous Tennis, Cricket and Golf clubs plus the the iconic Connaught Avenue, not forgetting the stunning East sunshine coastline of course…
Merryday Cottage is a very distinguished five bedroom family home residing within three quarters of an acre of beautifully established grounds. Originally commissioned in 1932 for Sir Albert Stern and Lady Helen Merryday Stern, and now boasts a leisure complex – with swimming pool and snooker room. Privately set back behind electric gates on Second Avenue in highly esteemed Frinton-on-Sea.
This hidden gem is also close to the famous tennis, cricket and golf clubs – plus the iconic Connaught Avenue, not forgetting the stunning ‘Sunshine Coast’ of course…
Discreet grandeur, peace and privacy are attributes characterising Merryday Cottage. The rooms are spacious of course but it feels homely and cosy because it is neither too big nor too small… it is just right!
This applies to the reception hall as it directs you towards the living room, the loggia, the dining room, the kitchen or the stairs. The property with a large private garden, that one would not notice from the avenue, gives a completeness that few properties can offer. To be welcomed in Merryday Cottage is to be gently pulled towards a window in the living room, the dining room or the loggia and embrace the open green space… but patience… there are many special spaces here. We could explore the kitchen and onto the adjacent library with a private staircase to the fifth bedroom but you will have to view beyond the dining room and step into an amazing structure added to the original 1930’s design…
Welcome to your own exquisite leisure complex with swimming pool incorporating swim jets, jacuzzi, sauna room, and a shower! Sit down on the sofa and just admire the view everywhere, the terrace is teasing you again to step out or maybe you wish to take a splash and swim in that beautiful pool.
Why not chill out after your swim and have a game of snooker or darts with friends or family?
Not too big, not too small, and another goldilocks moment as you ascend upstairs… it is just right. The larger master bedroom benefits from an en-suite, and of course that special view into the stunning garden. The landing will take you to the other double bedrooms and onto the fifth bedroom with the separate staircase down into the library. It just flows naturally for your family or guests.
Life is for living
The rear garden offers this haven of peace and air of tranquillity, no traffic noise, just birds singing. Almost anywhere from the house, this stunning garden comes into view but equally anywhere from the garden one cannot resist looking back at the house and the adjacent modern structure for the leisure complex. It is strange to realise that this house stands at the top of Second Avenue as the garden is so large and yet very private. In fact, the property stands on two plots which certainly explains the overall size.
Life is for dreaming and making dreams a reality
This house could be your next family home, you need to arrange your own relaxed viewing and imagine how it could look with your own ideas. In the meantime, do not miss our unique 360° virtual tour and explore further than the thousand words painted by our photographs…
Contact Florent from Home Domus in Frinton-on-Sea for a relaxed private appointment