Flat 221 Balmoral court, Chelmsford
- One bedroom top floor flat fully refurbished to contemporary style
- Independent retirement living for ladies over 60 and gentlemen over 65
- Communal day lounge and laundry room
- Social events for residents to participate in
- Landscaped communal garden with drying area, and residents parking
- Emergency audio system with contact to the House Manager and out-of-hours
- Situated in Balmoral Court, Springfield Road in the City of Chelmsford
- Walking distance of Tesco plus other City amenities and facilities, and there is a bus stop opposite
- Guest suite available to pre-book an overnight stay for friends and relatives
- Pets allowed with prior consent and an additional charge
Flat 221 in the Balmoral Court development, situated in the City of Chelmsford, is a one bedroom top floor apartment fully refurbished to a contemporary style, for independent retirement living for ladies over the age of 60 or gentlemen over 65. Two guest suites are available for a small fee – offering the opportunity for your family and friends, if they live a little distance, to all spend some quality prearranged time together. This is also available to yourself, for a fee, so you can take a holiday away and stay in the guest suite of another FirstPort residence.
The flat is fully refurbished to a contemporary style with a fresh white kitchen open-plan off a 16ft by 10ft living room – with views through the window out onto the garden grounds beyond. The bedroom is also accessed off your own reception hall together with the modern shower room. For your piece of mind emergency pull-cords are in every room, connecting directly to the House Manager off the main reception hall, and outside these hours it is linked to a care-line service, and there is also the added benefit of a personal neck alarm.
A friendly atmosphere pervades creating a lovely environment if you wish to engage in neighbourly conversation within the communal lounge or at the reception hall seating area, and you can extend this to join in pre-arranged social events. The communal grounds are a good place to soak up the sun and to just enjoy listening to the sounds of soft summer breezes blowing the leaves of the gorgeous tree. And the large communal paved area is a great way to dine alfresco or to sit and read a good book or magazine. A screened communal drying area is also within the garden, and to the boundary of the grounds is car parking.
The finer details
We are informed that the service charge is around £2,282 covering water and buildings insurance. And ground rent is approximately £137 for 6 months. In the communal laundry room you have the use of a washing machine and tumble dryer for a nominal charge. Independent living means that although you cook your own meals etc., you can order your groceries online for home delivery via the local Tesco superstore, as some residents do, or even arrange a Meals on Wheels service.