The Cottage, Beaumont
- Residing in the idyllic and serene former grounds of Beaumont Hall comprising of approximately 2 acres – mainly of your own woodland
- The Cottage is a very beguiling three bedroom property emanating charm and tranquillity, effortlessly combining chic contemporary colourways and open-plan architecture
- Relaxing spacious sitting room with French doors to the garden, a lovely dining room perfectly open-planned to the kitchen with additional utility room
- Extensive store/gym with utility area and a large barbecue/entertainments barn in the pretty rear garden
- Ample parking for several vehicles to the rear of the property
- Only 1 mile to Quay Lane and Beaumont Quay leading to the Walton backwaters – the setting for Arthur Ransome’s ‘Secret Water’
- Great for boating enthusiasts along with Titchmarsh Marina – offering mooring
- The local Brooklynne Farm Shop is conveniently only an 11 minute walk away
- Thorpe-le-Soken railway station 2.9 miles – London Liverpool Street 80 minutes
- Manningtree railway station 8.6 miles – London Liverpool Street 66 minutes
The Cottage resides in the most idyllic and serene former grounds of Beaumont Hall comprising of approximately 2 acres – mainly of your own woodland. This very beguiling three bedroom home emanates charm and tranquillity, and effortlessly combines chic contemporary colourways and open-plan architecture. One can so easily imagine a writer, artist or composer feeling completely at home in this environment. Footpaths are abundant and just one mile away is Beaumont Quay – the setting for Arthur Ransome’s ‘Secret Water’. A wonderful life lies ahead of you…
With the flow of space and appreciation of modern touches and simplicity working at its best, the Cottage will welcome you home after a long busy day. Beautifully quaint, individual and unique. Wonderfully enhanced yet keeps original features of this gorgeous cottage.
” Home is a feeling” and the serenity, tranquility and charm of the Beaumont Hall surroundings are echoed by the peaceful interior of this interesting three bedroom cottage. You may enter through the front porch leading onto the hallway or maybe through the living room. Maybe it is the quietness of the surrounding grounds, maybe it is the softness of the light and colours but you may feel like stepping into a timeless holiday cottage where the busy world around you has just topped spinning.
All the reception rooms are spacious and luminous, the sitting room really entices you to sit and relax. Maybe you will be tempted to read a book from Arthur Ransome whose book “Secret water” is based on the area? When it is time to enjoy the culinary art, you will appreciate the open space offered by the dining/breakfast room adjacent to the well equipped Kitchen, this will likely become the magnet for social gathering among family or friends. On a more practical note, you find a lobby used as a utility room and a converted garage into more storage space and a gym.
At the risk of repetition, The Cottage continues to flow with character throughout the bedrooms on the top floor. It gives the sense of peacefulness and the promises of a deeply restful night. The master bedroom is particularly exquisitely presented with a painted wooden floor, original wooden doors giving it a shabby chic feel. Sometimes less is more, you will need to experience this wonderful and unique cottage for yourself.
It is a rare and wonderful opportunity owning a woodland. At the rear of the Cottage it won’t be long until you fall in love and are smitten with your very own Woodland area, a walk in the woods is simply good for mind and body. When you surround yourself with trees, you feel peaceful and grounded. The Japanese have a word for this feeling — shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing. The Cottage also has a fenced garden to the front and a larger area to the rear. The exquisite outside grounds offered with this Cottage are also nestled and cocooned within the Beaumont Hall Estate.
Council tax band: E (£2,210 p/yr)
Happiness factor: 10