Ashdown, Brockhill, Runwell
- Ashdown is an exceptionally impressive detached five bedroom residence residing within approximately a third of an acre of grounds with the inclusion of a detached annexe
- Located in a lovely semi-rural location on the edge of Downham at the top of Brock Hill, and backing onto woodlands
- Five bedrooms including a master bedroom dressing area and en-suite plus a family bathroom and a ground floor wet room
- Three spacious reception rooms to include a wonderful wood panelled and marble floored snug with delightful through fireplace to the family room
- Stunning open-plan and underfloor heated kitchen/breakfast and dining room incorporating a large island with chic granite to all work surfaces, plus there is an adjoining utility/boot room
- Beautiful grounds with a raised alfresco dining/entertaining terrace with views over an expansive lawn to a pergola beyond – screening a delightful pond with the option to convert to a swimming pool
- Carriage in/out driveway offering ample parking for several vehicles
- Nearby is the beautiful Hanningfield Nature Reserve, abundant footpaths, Billericay is to your west, Basildon to the south, and Chelmsford City is to the north
- Education – nearby primary and secondary schools, plus independent St. John’s School in Billericay
- Wickford railway station is just over 2 miles away offering a fast 36 minute service to London Liverpool Street
Ashdown is an exceptionally impressive detached five bedroom residence. Residing attractively on Brock Hill within a third of an acre of beautiful grounds, which includes an annexe and a large pond, that back onto woodlands. In a lovely semi-rural location on the edge of Downham, whilst Wickford railway station is only 2 miles away offering a fast 36 minute service to London Liverpool Street. Exquisite interior design includes a marble stairway and floor tiling complemented with wood wall panelling in one of the three spacious reception rooms. The open-plan contemporary kitchen/breakfast and dining room is a dream – with chic granite work surfaces perfectly complementing white gloss cabinets incorporating high end appliances to include a built-in Neff coffee maker. Your annexe is also an ideal opportunity to run a business from home perhaps, or as a games room, or maybe your teenager has set their sights on it. And that pond could become a swimming pool!
This home will impress and you will notice the attention to details throughout. You will certainly be dazzled by the rare “Brazilian Rain forest brown” marble in the reception room. The ground floor offers the perfect space for family life, the living room and family room are also perfectly complimented by a stunning modern kitchen, fitted with many integrated appliances, Antique brown granite working surfaces and a unique “Labrador Antartica” Marble table. What an amazing kitchen space with access to an adjacent utility room.
Five large bedrooms with one en-suite and a family bathroom offer that special homely feel.
The decking area is a welcome extension to enjoy the garden in the summer and from there, you may appreciate the sight of your beautiful garden. Or maybe you may choose to relax in the hot tub? What was once a garage has been converted into an annexe and you will find a 1930’s swimming used as a pond at the bottom of the garden.